First, I am obsessed with this stuff. I am really bad when walking through parking lots and see something wrong with a car seat I want to jump in the car and fix it. Or parents that put their infant only car seat on top of the buggie at the grocery store. That stuff DRIVES ME CRAZY.. LOL
Do you think your Child or Grandchild is riding safely?
"96% of parents and caregivers believe their child safety seats are installed correctly, research shows that 7 out of 10 children are improperly restrained" ---seatcheck.org
My husband and I are Georgia certified Child Safety seat Technician.
Yesterday, we went to a update class and learned information on New car seats LATCH, Airbags and transporting obese children. Technology with new car seats is amazing. I was shocked at some of the new features.
Here are some of the brand new Car seats to hit the market if you are interested you should take a look at some of these.
Maxi-Cosi Pria 70
Diono Radian R120
Summer Infant Prodigy
Graco Smart Seat
Ask yourself these questions
1. What are the weight and height limits on your child seat? Is your child in between those guidelines?
2. Are you using LATCH or Seat belt? Are you using the correct belt path? If using LATCH are you over the weigh limit for the lower anchors for the vehicle (read your owners manual?)
3. Is your child that is under 13 riding in the backseat?
4. Is your child that is under 8 or shorter than 4'9 in a booster or car seat?
5. Has your child seat been in an accident? Do you know the history?
6. Does your car seat move less than an 1 inch side to side/front to back testing at belt path?
7. Is your car seat recalled? Is your car seat registered with manufacturer? Is your car seat expired?
I could go on and on. But I won't. However, please read your owners manual of you vehicle before installing your car seat and also read the owners manual for the car seat even if you have installed a car seat before. Every car seat is different and every vehicle is different.
If connect me if you have ANY questions!!
Had to attach some pictures of Jamie styling in her car seat!!