Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The Kitchen House/Jamie's First Hopstial Trip

What a GREAT book!

OVERVIEW 
When a white servant girl violates the order of plantation society, she unleashes a tragedy that exposes the worst and best in the people she has come to call her family.
Orphaned while onboard
Eventually, Lavinia is accepted into the world of the big house, where the master is absent and the mistress battles opium addiction. Lavinia finds herself perilously straddling two very different worlds. When she is forced to make a choice, loyalties are brought into question, dangerous truths are laid bare, and lives are put at risk.
The Kitchen House is a tragic story of page-turning suspense, exploring the meaning of family, where love and loyalty prevail.

My REVIEW
I think it was well written. Had several touching moments and great characters.  I was shocked at several things but overall I am so glad I read this book.  It was an easy read and you felt like you knew everyone personally.  I feel like the Kathleen Grissom left it open to have another book and have make it great about Lavinia managing the farm and making it grand.


Jamie had her first hospital experience.
Her and I spent the Saturday night at Scottish Rite-that place is great the doctors and nurses are amazing. Jamie had the croup with strider(don't know if that is spelled correctly).  Had to have 2 breathing treatments. My poor baby!  

getting breathing treatment at the hospital



1 comment:

  1. Poor baby! That hospital is amazing. I have been there three times- once with my oldest and twice with my little one. I always leaving there knowing we received the best treatment.

    ReplyDelete